Pain sometimes just means discomfort; but it can also mean limitations that get in the way of living your life to the fullest. Do you struggle to be active because of muscle and joint pain? Do you experience persistent pain over the course of your day or even when relaxing? Don’t be discouraged because you can’t find pain relief.
HOW DOES a HOT TUB RELIEVE PAIN?
Hydrotherapy is an alternative therapy that is recognized for temporary pain relief of issues such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, muscle and joint pain, fibromyalgia, and aches and discomfort after exercise. Studies show that the benefits of spa therapy result from a combination of chemical, mechanical, and thermal factors at work. But remember, while hot tubs are recommended for many people who suffer from pain, you should always consult your physician for health advice.
When you sink into the water in your hot tub, the buoyancy decreases pressure on your muscles and joints, allowing for a period of rest and recovery. Immersing yourself in water helps to aid that recovery by encouraging relaxation of the mind and the body. Researchers believe that the temperature of the water and pressure against the body help to lessen signals of pain to the brain, reducing the actual sensations of pain.
Hot Tub Immersion
Immersion in warm water may also serve to reduce muscle spasms and reduce pain. In fact, it’s common for your mood to improve as you soak in your hot tub. Evidence suggests that by using a hot tub regularly, it not only relieves mental and physical tension, but also improves quality of life for the long term.
Your hot tub’s jet massage system allows for recovery as you relax in the soothing water. When you immerse your whole body, you treat the painful areas of your body, as well as the muscles, joints, and interconnected tissues that are surrounding those areas. This widespread relaxation can, help to relieve acute pain experiences and help to prevent related tension from spreading to surrounding areas in your body.
Hydrotherapy is so much more than a once-in-awhile luxury. When practiced daily, it becomes an important method of therapy that helps to powerfully transform your life.
Using YOUR HOT TUB FOR PAIN RELIEF MANAGEMENT
Your hot tub puts you in control of your pain relief. Hydrotherapy is often suggested in combination with medical treatment. But it is also a therapy that you can reap the health benefits of for the rest of your life.
If you are experiencing pain on a regular basis, a soak in your hot tub can warm your body and loosen your muscles helping you engage in physical activity with fewer aches and pains. Hydrotherapy can also prevent stiffness or discomfort that comes from inactivity. When you soak in your hot tub on a daily basis, you can enjoy greater flexibility and extra energy throughout the day.
Tips for hot tub hydrotherapy in your life for pain relief management:
- Put comfort first. Hot tub manufacturers take great care when designing the seats and lounge spaces for ultimate comfort and integration with the massage jets. So, take advantage of them every time you soak in your home spa, moving from seat to seat to target specific muscle groups.
- Adjust the controls. Experiment with your hot tubs settings for your jets for therapeutic massage of your localized or widespread areas of pain. The spa controls allow you to personalize your soaks for greater relaxation or deeper massaging relief.
- Choose a comfortable temperature. It is recommended that your hot tub water not exceed 104 degrees, but you may want to start with a lower temperature, and then increase it according to your comfort level.
- Stretch and move in your spa. A 20-minute soak is the perfect opportunity to try low-impact exercise that can stimulate your muscles and joints and improve flexibility. Focus on your joints, one at a time, and bend and rotate according to your comfort level. The buoyancy of the water takes some of the stress off your body as you move. The resistance provides productive exercise.
- Hydrate before and after. Your hot tub’s warm water can cause you to sweat. So, drink plenty of water to regulate your body temperature and feed your joints and muscles.
If pain is a part of your life and you long for comfort and the ability to be active once again, hydrotherapy can provide that relief and help you enjoy the active life you deserve. When you feel relaxation and comfort in your hot tub, you also feel at home in your body.
Do you suffer from chronic pain, but don’t yet own a hot tub? Contact Us Today. The only thing more relaxing than soaking in the comfort of a hot tub is enjoying all the comforts, features and benefits of a tub at a fraction of the cost. Visit our showroom today!